Friday, September 19, 2014

CRAFT FAIR!



As the air turns crisp and the leaves become tinged with a bit of yellow, I'm reminded that it's craft fair time!

Weekends seem to fill up with little booths popping up around town, each filled with interesting wares and goods that the maker has lovingly designed.

I'll be at the Shawnee Town Craft Fair this Saturday (September 20th) from 9-4, which will mark my 4th year doing this event.  If you're in the Kansas City area, stop by and say hi!

The majority of my evenings and weekends seem to have been spent prepping for this event.  I've even enlisted the help of my mom who always comes through with helping me package and then is my favorite sidekick the day of the show.

This year I'll be introducing a headband bar!  Now people will be able to purchase either a packaged headband or create their own by selecting the color band they like and then different buds.  It's something I've been wanting to incorporate for a while now, so I'm excited it finally came together.



I'm in the home stretch now.  I get so nervous before these types of things.  That's why it's so nice to have my mom there to buy me ice cream if things aren't going well:)  Hopefully the weather will hold out, and it will be a beautiful day.  

Check out last year's craft shows here and here, and read about my thoughts on success here.

Do you have any craft fairs or street festivals you like to visit each year?


7 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! Good luck at the fair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a super idea, good luck! I'm really lucky that there are awesome craft fairs every month where I live! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors, Kari! I also love the idea of a headband bar! Good luck! See you in a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom seems so kind and loving and your relationship sounds really special. Reading about your mom makes me think of my mom and how nice it is that she has supported me too. I think we are very lucky to have our moms. I hope the craft fair went well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to hear how it went!!! So excited for tonight and catching up! :) Bring on October's craft fair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I received my beautifully handmade necklace, yesterday. I love it so much! It's perfect!
    Thank you,
    Jennifer
    One Happy Little Mama
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!