Thursday, June 5, 2014

MY LITTLE FRIEND

I don't think I've shared my new little friend on the blog yet.  I hadn't given it much thought until I was crafting the other night and found myself talking to him. 

Wade and I don't have a pet.  We had a fish for a few years, but sadly Harold is no more.  We talk sometimes about getting a dog or a bunny or my first choice, a teacup pig.  (Watch this video and tell me you don't want one now, too.) 

Well, when Christmas rolled around this year, Wade kept dropping hints about  a special friend I might be getting and someone to take care of.  Imagine my surprise when I opened a package and saw this little guy.


I named him Geraldo.  He's supposed to chirp and move his head  and tail when I enter the room, but he kept startling me every time, so I just clicked the off button.  Now he just sits on my desk in his knowing way.  At first I thought it was such a silly gift, but he's become a nice addition to the room. 


Under $10 and doesn't leave droppings all over the house?  Sounds like my kind of pet.  Maybe next year I'll get a motorized puppy that walks and does flips.  Baby steps to the real thing, right?

Basically, I was a little blank on ideas tonight, so I shared my fake parakeet with you all.  And since it's late, and I don't know how to end this post, I'll just say good night and hope you have a great weekend!

Any fun plans for the weekend?  We're celebrating my niece's 2nd birthday where we'll get to play with their new real life bunny.  Hopefully the rain will stay away and we'll have beautiful weather for their outdoor ice cream party. 

Hope you have a great weekend:)

9 comments:

  1. Speaking as the person who does all the cleaning out, that's my kind of pet too! We don't have much planned this weekend, there are some weather warnings in force for tomorrow - some torrential rain is on the way I think. So we probably won't be straying far from home. I hope you and Wade have a nice weekend and a lovely weekend with your niece and her bunny. I love rabbits, I'd have one tomorrow if I could fit one in, despite the cleaning out! CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you all have a great weekend--and stay dry:) It's raining here right now, but the weatherman says it's supposed to clear up this afternoon. Hopefully it will in time for the party. You're right that it would be a lot easier to have pets if we didn't have to clean up after them:)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness !! That is the perfect fish. This year I entertained my daughter by buying her some fish. Of course I clean the tank out, she does like to help but it's a very heavy tank and I hate cleaning. She's obsessed with getting a dog. I'd love to get her one but we live in a tiny apartment and have no outdoor space. I wish they sold these here in the UK. I would definitely buy one for her :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe online? It would be the perfect pet:) I don't blame you about not liking to clean out the fish tank. I never liked that part either. I always got jumpy when I had to move the fish from the bowl to a smaller bowl while I cleaned. Hope you're having a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. I'm always talking to inanimate things too. He's cute! And I like his name. It's proper, but funny. We've been talking about adopting a dog for years, but haven't been able to bring ourselves to actually do it. I've decided I have developed some sort of fear of commitment lately, so maybe this is the pet for me, too. Plus, he won't die (only the batteries). Have fun at the b-day party with the bunny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we've been fearing committing to a dog, too. It's such a big responsibility. I like the idea of being able to come and go as we please right now and can just stop by the store to pick up some more batteries:) Hope you're having a great weekend, Devon!!

      Delete
  4. We're in the works of adopting a puppy and it's almost all I think about :) Plans for the weekend include the Color Run! and putting things away in our new house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a great time at the Color Run!!! Sounds like a blast! And congrats on the new house! You do need a puppy then:) Hope you're having a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. He is so cute! Plans for the weekend are not much, just a church filled day on Sunday. Nathan and I are singing and then helping with the mission dinner after!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!