Friday, November 29, 2013

WEEKLY WEARS: A SKIRT AND A DRESS?!

I wore this on what was supposed to be one of the last nice days of the fall.  Now that it's 20 degrees out, I'm glad I took the opportunity.  I bought this dress for my Chicago trip this summer, but I haven't had a chance to wear it again.  It's pretty short, so I added a skirt underneath to make it longer.  I loved the look!  The skirt added an extra layer of color and made the dress more twirlable (is that a word?).  The mustard yellow tights have been sitting in my drawer for a few years, so I decided it was finally time to make good on the $5 I spent on them and wear them around town.
Dress: TJ Maxx //  Skirt: The Limited //  Tights, Cardigan: Target //  Shoes: Aldo
On our way to a winery, we stopped by a little antique store full of fun Christmas decorations to get us in the mood for the holidays.  Now that Thanksgiving is over, it's time to lug all the decorations up from the basement and start hanging up the holly!
I love this star garland mixed with bulb lights.  Would be a fun Christmas decoration, don't you think?

6 comments:

  1. Yay, first comment ;) You look adorable in that dress, Kari! That's such a good idea, to wear a skirt underneath, I love it, I'm certainly going to keep that in mind in the future, how clever :) And I've seen a few mustard tights around the blogosphere recently, I think they make a great autumn staple. Oh and in answer to your question, I thin those lights mixed with stars are very very pretty :)

    Heidi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Heidi!! I really appreciate it. You made my day:)

      Delete
  2. A lovely Christmas decoration indeed. The photos of you are beautiful, so full of energy. I love the ones of you and your lovely man holding hands. Happy pictures I think. The Yellow Barn looks great, I love places like that. I hope you both have a good weekend. Only one more day until it's December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, CJ:) You made my day, too, with your sweet comment. I can't believe it's already December. Where has the year gone? Way to fast, I think. I hope you are having a lovely day. It's almost time for another weekend:)

      Delete
  3. So fun, Kari! You sure find some great places to visit! Beautiful pictures and adorable outfit! I love the way you challenge yourself with your wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jessica! It has been fun trying to remix things in my closet:)

      Delete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!