Thursday, October 24, 2013

WE ARE ALL MADE OF STARS

Source: Carl Sagan
Carl Sagan may have actually said that we are made of star stuff, but I've always loved this quote.  It popped into my head a few days ago when I was thinking about Halloween costumes.  (Wonder how the two are tied?  I may have a little DIY planned for next week.)  Anyway, this quote was in my mind and made me wonder if it's true.

So I did a bit of research (i.e. a quick google search) and learned that the gist of the quote is from a series Carl Sagan did in the 1980s.  Our bodies are primarily made up of the stuff that is in stars, so we are made of star stuff.

I love this.  It makes me feel connected to the universe and part of everything.  At the base of our existence, we have to let down our walls to know that we are not alone, we are loved, and we are so significant.

6 comments:

  1. Love this post Kari. I like to look up at the stars sometimes and think about the amazingness of everything and how small we are in the universe. Yesterday evening we all watched the International Space Station zooming past, which was really exciting. 200 miles up, going at 17,500 miles per hour. With actual people on board! It blows me away. How nice to know we are connected to the stars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is amazing! It blows me away, too. What a wonderful thing to get to experience. Thank you so much for your sweet words:)

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful. It's so easy to lose touch of our place and purpose here in the universe. I like quotes that bring you back to the simplicity of it all.

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!