Sunday, June 2, 2013

LAUGHING AT MYSELF

Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself.  How else are we supposed to get through our workaday woes without a good sense of humor?  Here are a few recent learnings I've had that I'm still laughing (cringing) about.   

#1.  After lunch the other day, I realized that my pants felt looser on me.  Immediately, I assumed that it must be because I had been sick this week and had lost a ton of weight.  Boy, was I happy!  That is until I was on my way into a meeting and realized that the button on my jeans was undone, leaving my belly free from its usual oppressiveness.  I'm not sure what was more embarrassing: asking myself aloud if my pants were undone and then realizing they were along with everyone else within earshot, or being depressed afterwards because once I buttoned them they felt way more restrictive than normal.

#2.  So like any new blogger, I steadfastly keep track of the stats page in Blogger to see how many page views my site has each day.  Well, a few weeks ago I realized that I had hit an all time high in page views!  I was so pleased with myself and knew that this was the beginning of something big.  I took a screenshot of the webpage and saved it to my computer to look back on proudly in the future.  I noticed that the top traffic sources were names I didn't quite recognize, but assumed that they were some sort of referring sites.  I decided to click on one.  I mean, the name of it is "topblogstories" so I assumed that one of my posts was so good it had been picked up by another site.  Sadly, that was not the case.  Luckily my browser blocked the site from coming up since I'm sure my computer would have gotten a virus, but let's just say that the subject of the site was not family friendly.  Upon futher research, I learned that Blogger is plagued with these spam sites hitting blogs and driving up the page views.  I'm still going to keep the screenshot, though:)


There are so many tough lessons to learn as we wander through life, so laugh at yourself whenever you can.  Then write your funny or awkward stories in the comments below so I don't feel so bad sharing my embarrassment.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Awww, I'm sorry about your button. That must have sucked. I'm sure my thought process would have gone exactly like yours, along with the depressed feeling afterward. I love that picture of you. You are too cute.

    I hate those spam sites.

    Love that quote!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kari, I have the same thing with page views! and the exact same traffic source site. I still don't quite understand how it all works, but yeah, not nice :/
    Love your photo :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!