Friday, May 17, 2013

PEICD (projects even I can do): STREAMER POLES



So I was at The Dollar Store the other day in search of some cheap pens, when I saw a big bin of tall bamboo poles.  They were almost as tall as me and only a dollar each!  I didn’t know what I would do with them, so I left the store.  I kept thinking about these sticks, though, and all of a sudden, BAM!  Lightbulb!  I could attach crepe paper to them and make some colorful streamer poles for our Mother’s Day picnic. 

I already had a ton of left over crepe paper from my birthday party in December, so I was happy to finally be able to put this big bag of paper shoved into the back of my closet to good use. 

I just cut long sections of crepe paper and hot glued them to the bamboo poles.  I didn’t have a plan, but just overlapped each piece and placed at various heights so all the colors could be seen well.  Really simple project, but produces a great colorful effect.  Then just stick them in the ground, and you’ve instantly made the outdoors more festive!  I’m going to try to get Wade to let me keep these up permanently in our backyard.  Who doesn't love colorful streamers?

1 comment:

  1. I love the color this added to your party! What a fun craft.

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!