Wednesday, May 1, 2013

LEARNING TO SHARE


I had the BEST time the other week when I went over to hang out with my friend and her adorable baby.  How cute and sweet are they both?!  We made taco pizza and had so much fun just talking.  We've been friends since middle school, went to the same high school, but attended different colleges.  It was fun talking about the old days, but also learning new things about each other.  Like how she was a cook at a summer camp, so can no longer dice tomotoes since that's all she did in the kitchen.   I told her about my experiences as a camp counselor, which would be a hilarious post for another day...

I love those little tidbits that you find out when you really talk with people.  So often my conversations in general are just about mundane topics or the weather.  My favorite times are when you have a no holds barred conversation and really get down to the nuts and bolts about what people are thinking.  It's amazing to hear what goes on in other people's heads.  You either find out it's similar to what you were thinking and it makes you feel so not alone, or it gets you thinking about things in a different way.  So often I feel that I cage my inner thoughts.  I'm not sure why it's so scary to let them out.  Maybe it's because I fear that someone will scoff at them, or maybe it's because it's hard to truly articulate how I feel.  I'm trying to share more, to open up more, because then people will really get to know the real me.  It also opens up the door so that others feel comfortable to share what's on their minds, too. 

What do you think?  Are you a free sharer or do you cage some of your thoughts?

   


2 comments:

  1. Aww! Thanks, Kari! As far as your questions, it depends on who I'm with. If I trust someone, they can know just about anything about me. If a person comes across as real, then I'm quicker to share the challenges of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally a free sharer, for the most part. I am trying to learn to listen more, and ask more questions VS. blab the whole time. In order to get to know others better than myself :)

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!