Thursday, May 2, 2013

DINNER PARTY

Our good friends hosted the most lovely dinner party a few weeks ago.  The food was fantastic, the drinks were delicious, and the company was stellar.  It was one of those nights that make you smile when you think back on it.  My favorite part of the night (besides the delightful dinner conversation and delicious meal) was the sangria.  I have to say this was the best sangria I’ve ever had!   It was sweet, but not too sweet.  Just perfect.  Since I’m not a big wine drinker, this is the only way I’ll drink it—doused in fruit juices.  My friend Nicole is so thoughtful.     


fancy chocolate sauce

The weather was just a little brisk, but perfect when we sat outside on their beautiful covered patio wrapped up in blankets.  There was no place I wanted to be more.
who's that handsome guy?

picture perfect couple

beautifully decorated table


The night was already a success, but you wanna know what pushed it over the top?  A game where you could win money!  Now, I’m pretty stingy with money.  Probably because I have the worst luck and never win anything.  I won the first round of the game, though!  That’s about 9 whole dollars right there (that I subsequently lost in the next round).  I’m embarrassed to show the following  picture since my eyes look so utterly crazy, but I think it’s hilarious how excited I got. 

You can see the whites all around my eyes.  Nutso.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha....How did I miss this post?!?! Although the dinner party looked quite pleasant I have to say this last pic is my favorite. Hilarious. You seem extremely excited. You posting this is why I love your blog. :p

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!