Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Projects Even I Can Do (PEICD): Earring Holder



How often do you have to sift through all your earrings to find a matching pair?  I was having that trouble a lot since I just kept my earrings in a makeup bag and would just have to dump out all the contents to find anything.  So I wanted a way to display my earrings so that a) it would look cute in my room and b) I could actually find my earrings.  I bought this frame from Target for $5 and thought it would be perfect for an earring stand.  From the dollar store, I bought a fine mesh strainer (or it was a splash guard).  Regardless, it was really fine wire mesh that I just cut out with scissors to be the surface I would stick my earrings in.  You could also use any other mesh you have on hand.

Now for the hard part…to get the wire mesh onto the back of the picture frame.  But remember that this is me, so I will find whatever workaround there is to make it super easy.  I took the backing and the glass off the frame.  Then I simply hot glued around the edge of the frame where I wanted the mesh to go, put down the mesh, and then put strips of fabric over the mesh to hold the hot glue in place.  It doesn’t look the best from the back, but no one will see that part!   


Then just prop it up against a wall, and you have a cute new earring holder!  I love how mine gives a pop of color to the room.  It’s not the sturdiest of designs, but ok for displaying a few pairs of earrings that you wear most often.  How do you store your earrings? 

6 comments:

  1. This is so cute. I love that frame! I saw a similar one at Ross the other night and kept thinking I should bring it home...but I didn't. :/

    I need one of these for my jewelry though. I have it all in a drawer and never use it because it's a mess and hard o find anything in there. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same way you used to! I should make that! It is super cute (and so is the color of your nail polish)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how this turned out and love the blue color for the frame you chose! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a good idea! Will definitely be experimenting with this. (Gives a good use to all the frames I have lying around after smashing the glass, oops!)


    (found you on "Thats my style" link party :)
    R xx
    http://roisinreports.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing this Kari!! You made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!