Tuesday, March 12, 2013

PEICD: You shine like a sunflower



We're slowly decorating home.  It's been almost 3 years since we moved into our house, so this has been a slow process to say the least.  But we wanted everything we put in it to feel like us and tell our story.  I'm always on the lookout for cool art.  There are a lot of pretty things out there, but I want it to smack me in the face when I see it and have that feeling that I just have to have it in order to look at every day.  I was in a shop in Lawrence a few months ago and saw this gift bag.  There was just something about the saying and the picture that I really liked, so I got it, not quite knowing what I was going to do with it.  When I got it home, I thought, "Hey!  These colors match really well with the house and would look cool in a picture frame”. 

I had some pea green spray paint lying around, and a ridiculously cheap frame from Target that I knew would come in handy someday (it was seriously something like $1.99 or $2.50).  So I spray painted the frame and cut up the bag and voila, a cool new picture to display. 


Originally, I was going to hang the picture in the bedroom or sun room (since I didn’t think my husband would want it anywhere else), but after not hanging it for a few days my husband propped it in our living room.  I like it here.  It adds just a little something and is a cool focal point without being too loud.  It got me thinking about framing a lot of other things I have around—like fabric or scrapbook paper.  Has anyone out there tried framing different things?  How did it go?  I still have the flipside of the bag, so maybe another one is necessary.  Overkill?  Only if someone sees it.    Also, check out that lampshade!  It's a little too big for the stand, but I just found it at Target on sale for $5!  I'll buy practically anything for $5.  $10?  No deal.  But $5?  Heck yes--the deal of the century:)

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome idea. You are one crafty lady!! xx

    www.todaymyway.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it's coming together nicely :)

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh loving how you've recycled things to use as new decorations for your home. Very Creative! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!