Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Out and About in KC



Last weekend we decided we had been cooped up inside too long, so we grabbed our good friends and ventured out into the cold.  Then when found a really cool new to KC restaurant to warm up in.  Cooper's Hawk is its name, and wine is its game.  When we first walked in, we were greeted by a nice lady offering a free glass of wine.  Classy.  The downstairs reminded me of a wine tasting room in Sonoma or Napa Valley.  Rich mahogany wood everywhere, and a long bar for tastings.  I’m not a big wine drinker, so I was thrilled when they had a tasting geared towards sweeter wines.  My favorite was the Passion Fruit.  It tasted like a margarita.  Now those I like.  Then we went upstairs for dinner.  The menu was great.  It had anything from a cheeseburger up to a good steak.  I liked the range so that there was something for everyone, aka me, the super cheap one.  The night was filled with good friends, good talks, and a rousing game of Scrabble to end the night.  It made me yearn even more for the warm evenings to come so that we can sit outside on a patio somewhere and complain about it being too hot whilst sipping margaritas. 

I’ve mentioned before how I’m trying to “shop” my closet instead of buying a new top for a night out.  When we were in college, my friend’s and my favorite thing to do before we went out on a Saturday night was to hit up the local Kohls or other cheap clothiers and buy a belly baring top.  It was fun to do together, and each top was like $8.  Old habits die hard.  I was at Old Navy last week holding a shirt to buy for my weekend plans, when I had to put it down and leave the store.  I wanted to see what I could come up with by layering things I already owned.  I ended up loving my outfit.  I put a dress that I never wear over jeggings and then a shirt and cardigan over that.  Layering always seems to breathe new life into clothes.  Now I’m not saying that the next night out won’t warrant a new top, because the stores are buzzing with brilliantly bright colors, and I may just have to taste the rainbow.

2 comments:

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!